Youthreach Galway City aspires to provide a safe, inclusive, supportive, mutually respectful environment where young people are encouraged to reach their social, personal and educational potential.
- To provide a safe physical, psychological and emotional environment for teaching and learning
- To ensure that all centre policies are updated and adhered to, in consultation with all stakeholders.
- To provide confidential support in the form of mentoring and counselling.
- To ensure that teachers ‘have a right to teach’ and students have the right to learn’ through the implementation of centre policies
- To engage with appropriate agencies for staff and student support.
- To enable students to have the opportunity to achieve informal and formal certification and experiences in a wide range of areas.
- To offer a range of formal and informal courses that reflects the needs of the students and society.
- To enhance the literacy, numeracy and I.T skills of all students through offering support as appropriate.
- To provide the opportunity to experience the world of work, through work experience, work shadowing and internship.
- To encourage participation in extracurricular, sporting, adventure and leisure activities.
- To provide individual support and assistance to aid progression.
- To provide Career Guidance and mentoring on a regular basis.
- To provide progression options through, Talks, ‘Open Days’ in Further Education/ Training Colleges, employment and other life options which are relevant to our students/Client
- To create an awareness of healthy and positive life choices, through the centre’s SPHE programme, extracurricular programmes activities and guest speakers
- To really know what we are about check out the slideshow below