SPHE curriculum framework
SPHE is an integral part of the Youthreach program. We have classes on Wednesday mornings.
The curriculum framework for SPHE in senior cycle is built around four areas of learning:
- Mental health
- Substance use
- Relationships and sexuality education
- Physical activity and nutrition
Aims of the program
- This short course aims to develop students’ positive sense of themselves and their physical, social, emotional and spiritual health and wellbeing.
- It also aims to build the capacity of young people to develop and maintain healthy relationships.
- To empower students to follow healthy patterns of behaviour and make good decisions
- To enable our students to develop a framework of values, attitudes, and understanding .
- To highlight how many issues can in fact be worked out through SPHE program.
Useful links for students and teachers